Friday 19 October 2018

Athletics

Yesterday we had athletics and most of the people had to walk down to the field where we were doing it at but if you were doing the long distance run you got a ride down and you went a bit earlier than everyone else. I was a long distance runner and for the race you had to run 1200 meters. Everybody went at different age groups some groups had about 10 or more people in it my group had 5, 3 boys and 2 girls the year 5s went first then the 6s then the 7s then the 8s (im a year 8) I came 1st in my race.
We also had other sports like long jump, high jump, 60 meter sprints, 80 meter sprints, shot put discus and run relays.

I am hoping to get through to the Grey District Athletic Sports.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Nikalai, I thought it was good how you explained things like how many people went to athletics and what things they done there. Good job on coming first in your race. You could work on some of your grammar, like the order you write things, and your punctuation, from Jordan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia Ora Nikalai
    Well done you on achieving first place in the 1200m. I am sure that you would have been up against some tough competition. I would be interested to know how you went in your other events - perhaps telling me which ones you enjoyed and which ones you would rather not do.
    Don't forget to read through what you have written and make sure that your writing makes sense and that you have included correct punctuation.
    Nga mihi
    Mrs England

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.